Tuesday 27 August 2013

Custom Catapult

After Cirion and Madril I scoured throught my unpainted collection and stumbled upon a broken Lotr Mordor war Catapult! I remember that I got it free when I bought a big set of used miniatures. It was in several pieces and seemed to lost a wheel. This opened my eyes for some conversion opportunities!



I forgot to take pictures during the project but here is where I ended up:


Because there was no wheel I decided that orcs figured to use some fallen enemies to balance the machine.


During this "repair-stage" the orcs found out that few were still alive and tied these unlucky victims to the catapult to get some cover from the enemy bow fire. I used thin wire and some cartboard to make arrows on to the humanshields.



The catapult also needed somekind of launching mechanism so build one from selfmade rope, balsa, balsa bits and some modellers chain. I´m quite happy with the result.



Last step was to add one warg rider on top of the boulder. It seems that wargs can´t get this orc fast enought to the batllefield so he uses different method.



Thats all for now but something is lurking in the mist of future because I got a BIG package today from the mail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment